The Interior Design and Decoration course has proven to be a very popular course. It offers students the opportunity to explore contemporary Interior Design concepts and to learn the principles of good design. There is also a strong emphasis on the development of practical skills to enable students to achieve a high standard of competence.
- QQI National Vocational Certificate Level 5 Interior Design (5M5054)
- QQI National Vocational Certificate Level 5 Art/Craft/Design (5M1984)
- Architectural Drawing
- Appreciation of Art, Craft & Design
- Furniture & Fittings*
- Design Skills
- Combined Materials e.g. use of glass, paper mache etc…
- Work Experience
- Materials & Finishes
- Introduction to Computers & CAD
*Options are contingent on enrolments.
Graduates have progressed to Diploma and Degree Courses in Art related disciplines in the Institutes of Technology through the Higher Links Scheme for holders of Level 5 Certification.
Further details are from relevant institutions.
Graduates of this course have found employment in furniture and household retail, interior design consultancy and other design related businesses.