This two year course offers an introduction to Computer Applications and Business Studies in the first year and the option of pursuing in the second year a National Certificate QQI Level 5 in Information Processing or Business Administration, with Medical Terminology
Experience of SAGE accounting & payroll software as well as Adobe In-design and Photoshop is also offered .
*Holders of an appropriate QQI level 4 Award may complete course in 1 Year.
- QQI National Certificate Level 5 in Information Processing (5M2067)
- QQI National Certificate Level 5 in Business Studies/Medical Administration (5M2468)
- QQI National Certificate Level 5 in Business Studies (5M2102)
- Word Processing
- Database Methods
- Spreadsheet Methods
- Accounts, Manual & Computerised
- Medical Terminology*
- Business Administration
- Payroll, Manual & Computerised
- Marketing *
- Desktop Publishing
- Web Authoring *
- Work Experience
* Options are available contingent on enrollments in Year 2.
Graduates have progressed to Diploma/Degree 3rd level courses in Business, Accountancy, and Computer Studies through the Higher Education Links Scheme which is open to holders of QQI level 5 Certification.
Employment prospects have traditionally been excellent. Graduates will be qualified to gain employment in the Financial, Medical Administration, Commercial and Service areas of the Public and Private sectors.