This two year course offers an introduction to Computer Applications and Business Studies in the first year and the option of pursuing in the second year a National Certificate QQI Level 5 in Information Processing or Administration.
Experience of SAGE accounting & payroll software as well as Adobe in-design and Photoshop is also offered .
- QQI National Vocational Certificate Level 5 in Information Processing (5M2067)
- QQI National Vocational Certificate Level 5 in Business Studies Administration (5M2468)
- QQI National Vocational Certificate Level 5 in Business Studies (5M2102)
- Word Processing
- Database Methods
- Spreadsheet Methods
- Work Experience
- Business Administration
- Payroll, Manual & Computerised
- Accounts, Manual & Computerised
- Marketing *
- Desktop Publishing
- Web Authoring *
- Medical Terminology*
* Options are available contingent on enrollments in Year 2.
Graduates have progressed to Diploma/Degree 3rd level courses in Business, Accountancy, and Computer Studies through the Higher Education Links Scheme which is open to holders of QQI level 5 Certification.
Employment prospects have traditionally been excellent. Graduates will be qualified to gain employment in the financial, medical administration, commercial and service areas of the public and private sectors.